Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Addicted to Lash Extensions




I've always thought my eyes were my best feature.

They're big, blue, somewhat sultry and flirtatious and because of my dear friend Kelly Falardeau's message (BRAG about yourself), I'm not going to be modest about my eyes anymore.

Last year, I discovered the luxury of Lash Extensions and had a set done at Bizou Lash Studio before Big Daddy and I went to Vegas. It was a nice place, clean, the girl was quite knowledgeable about her craft and $95 later I was a happy girl.

I never got them filled because it wasn't something I cared too much about. Of course, I didn't care too much about myself or my appearance either but when my good friend Amanda, owner of D'Lish Urban Kitchen & Wine Bar in Edmonton, suggested I try out Flirt Lashes, I was ready to reclaim my sexy self so I said sure!

I was beyond impressed with the quaint little studio where Alex & Tuey set up shop on 124st and even more excited about the price of the extensions.

I had been looking into getting lashes but could never justify the OUTRAGEOUS prices the spas were charging. I mean COME ON. $200+ and up for Lashes?? That weren't even permanent??

It seemed stupid to me.

But at Flirt, the girls charge $60 for a full SET of lashes! And they look amazing! Fills are $30.

How it works

You lay there and relax, the girls do all the work. There are a few variables which will determine the length of your visit, the cost, and how long the lashes will last.

I chose semis because they are attached to groups of your natural lashes and tend to last longer. They are also fuller and more dramatic. Since the extensions fall out with your natural lashes, and I don't have time to visit the girls at Flirt very often, the semis made more sense for me because they are sturdier.



Before- In this pic some extensions have been added, you can CLEARLY tell which are extensions and which are my real lashes. You can also see how sparse and short my lashes are plus I'm naturally blonde so they are light)


No comments:

Post a Comment