Monday, July 4, 2011

Ridin' in Style

I'm a girl who can talk hockey and drink beer with the best of 'em (OK who am I kidding, I like my wine but I still can hold my own against anyone when it comes to talking sports) but when it comes to cars my eyes glaze over and you might as well be talking Sex & The City to me because I just don't care.

But I do know what I like and when Ford offered me the chance to test drive the 2011 Lincoln MKX and the 2011 Ford Explorer I looked at my 2002 Dodge Dakota with the flat tire and broken air conditioner and said, "Hell to the YAH BABY!"

The MKX is the creme de la creme of automobiles in my humble opinion. I'm not, nor will I ever be, a minivan mom. The MKX is my dream car. It's a crossover with airconditioned seats, a big ass sun roof that extends across both the front and rear passenger seats, hands-free computerized system where you can just talk to it and tell it what radio station you want to listen to, who you want to phone and where you want to go. It was like having my very own "Kit" car except I'm cuter than David Hasselhoff and the car had a sexier voice.

Oz and Lola were happy because of the dual entertainment centres in the back seats (keep in mind I drive a 2002 Dakota with no fancy features so this was a HUGE deal for them) and I liked the fact that I drove from Edmonton to Calgary and back on just over a tank of gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment