Monday, October 10, 2011

Are you FIERCE?

Wow, 10 days till FIERCE!


I'm so excited about this event, it showcases women who make a difference and who have been recognized by their peers or colleagues. 


FIERCE is not a popularity contest, which is one of the main reasons I decided against a People's Choice award for the event. Thankfully I have a wonderful panel of judges (Erica Ehm, Connie Peters, Karen Kay & Kelly Falardeau) who are solely responsible for choosing the winners, allowing me to be free to produce this event. 


It's been a lot of work with a good learning curve this year, too, but I am pleased with the overall response I am getting from the nominees and sponsors, even the nominators. 


Of course with all of the positive there is the negative but that's OK, too. 


I know that once all is said and done, the positive will always outweigh the negative. Last year when the event was over, I left feeling disappointed about the overall event, thinking it could have been bigger, better and done on a more grande scale. This year, I aimed higher but with a bigger event comes a bigger workload and a LOT of early mornings. 


But that's OK too! 


Because to see so many deserving women recognized and honoured is gratifying in a way I cannot express. I hope they enjoy their spotlight and cheer each other on at the event because that is what FIERCE is really about; women celebrating each other's successes and supporting each other through their failures. 


It will be a great night with some of the most inspirational and empowering women I have ever had the privilege of meeting, as well as some women I've yet to meet.


Tickets are still available! Click here for details.


Come and be inspired! Are you coming to the event? Are you as freakin' PUMPED about this as I am?! What are you wearing?


No comments:

Post a Comment