Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A pain in the ass

I've been with Big Daddy for almost 13 years now and married for 12. I know, I'm a saint; if you wish to express your condolences, send wine in lieu of flowers.


Carrying on... my point is that in those 13 years that Big Daddy has put up with my shit stuck with me through thick and thin (literally HA!), he has taken great pleasure in commenting on my wine consumption. 


Yeh. I drink a lot of wine. I love it. What?


My smart ass retort to his smart ass comment is, "I'll curb the wine intake when you get a finger up your ass and get your prostate checked."


The big guy is now 42. And he STILL hasn't gone for a prostate exam.


I'm not gonna lie, there's some sick and twisted satisfaction I will get when he finally goes for this exam, mainly because of all the shit I had to endure giving birth and suffering the affects AFTER having kids.


Novemeber is "Movember" month and I'm not big on jumping on bandwagon causes because there's something new every month BUT I have this thing about Big Daddy's potential death from causes other than me. 


I want him to get it checked. I've been a pain in his ass for almost 13 years... what's a finger from the doctor gonna hurt? A hell of a lot more if he doesn't get it checked, let me tell you. 


Talking about things that are out of our comfort zone, and making taboo conversations a little less awkward is kind of my specialty. 


So let's talk about prostate cancer. Finger up the butt, early detection, save a life.


We give birth, what the hell should be so embarrassing or uncomfortable for a guy to drop trow in a doctor's office and get a cancer check? 


Send the guy in your life to get tested. 


I said so.


No comments:

Post a Comment