Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Chris Benoit...the hero?

Am I the only wife/mom on the face of the universe who is PISSED off that Chris Benoit is being paid tribute to, despite having smothered his 7-year-old son and strangling his wife?

WWE Wrestler, Chris Benoit was found dead .... Poor Chris Benoit... what a tragedy.... such a humble man.... such a role model to all other wrestlers.... local, home grown hero.

Are you KIDDING ME!

I read that the WWE mourned the loss of "one of their family members" and Vince's eyes welled up with tears as he announced the death of Chris Benoit.

What about the little boy who died THREE DAYS before the coward decided to hang himself? Did he have to watch his mother die? Or was it the mom who had to watch her son die? Did they hide in fear? What about them?

I used to be a sportswriter so I have close ties to this story. Though I never met Benoit or have EVER endorsed the WWF as a "real sport" I recognize that many people enjoy this soap opera. Personally, I'm a HUGE fan of the Rock. He makes me laugh in the movies he has starred in, he played briefly for the Calgary Stampeders and as a an Eskimos fan I forgive him for this, and he is a charismatic guy who owes his success to the WWF. If he killed his wife and daughter (whom he affectionately nicknamed "Pebbles") I can't say I would mourn his passing.

Chris Benoit is - allegedly - a murderer. There is too much of this "Lacie Peterson" syndrome floating around.

Husbands who kill their families make me sick. Moms who kill their kids make me sick. Isn't it time we stopped excusing them and justifying their actions?

Chris Benoit is no legend. He deserves nothing more than a "see ya later, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out" if anything.

All this media attention makes me mad. As a mom. As a wife. As a woman who can't stand the BS in society.

I could care less for the tragedy of Chris Benoit. What I care about is the wife's family and the grandparents who will never see that little boy grow up.

t.

2 comments:

  1. True dat, Chris is a fuckin greaseball. They said he may have been experiencing "roid rage" like that's some kind of excuse to kill people. I think he was experiencing being a fuckin kook and picked on the little people around him because he was really such a small man inside.

    You're right about the men and women who kill their kids, they're the same people who beat their animals. Give me a moment with them...just me, them and a goddamn bat...

    ReplyDelete