Thursday, February 5, 2009

The soundtrack of my life

Music has always been important to me but not in the way that I was a geeky band kid or the lead in the school musical. More in the way that I have always related to songs and made them "my song!!" as in, "OHMYGAWD that's MY SONG!!! WOOOHOOOO!"




Yeh. Just like that.




I wonder if it's something that girls do because I asked Big Daddy if he ever did that and he just looked at me like I asked him to have a threesome with Colin Farrel. That would be, uh, no.




When I was 12, I had a group of friends who were instrumental (no pun intended) in the path my life eventually took. The summer we went into grade 8, we went to every movie imaginable: Stand By Me, Shag, Dirty Dancing, Eddie & the Cruisers, La Bamba... the list was endless. I had a real affinity for 50s and 60s music and made it my mission to get my friends to listen to Del Shannon, the Supremes, the Chordettes and Buddy Holly. They indulged me although they all had their own personal favourites.




In highschool, I was a fan of NKOTB. Yes. I admit it. I thought Donnie Wahlberg was hot. But that was when I began my love affair with R&B although techinally I guess it began in junior high because half of the music I listened to was the original R&B.




The transition between highschool and college became my night club phase where I loved Shaggy (Oh Carolina), Shy Guy (Diana King), and any other bump & grind music where I could strut my stuff and feel like I was the hawttest babe on the dance floor! I think I even had a temprrary love affair with country but I try to block that out.




As my tastes in music (and men) evolved I found myself listening more and more to rock, old rock, new rock, whatever got me pumped up.




As I look back now, I have come up with a soundtrack to my life! And how fun was that???!!!




Indulge me whilst I share it with you!




Stand By Me - Ben E. King




Time of My Life -




No comments:

Post a Comment