Friday, May 13, 2011

Gratitude for a great girl

I've been very fortunate doing what I do with MOM Magazine over the past four years and one of the reasons is the women I have been blessed enough to come into my life.

When I launched MOM in 2007, I was contacted by Connie Peters who was just at the point of launching Modern Mama. She was so adorable, sweet, genuine (a BIG reason I love her), and so willing to work with me in Edmonton to get MOMs out of the house.

Although our personalities are totally opposite - Connie is polite, polished, poised and diplomatic - we found a common ground in our desire to connect Edmonton MOMs. We didn't do too much together in the beginning of our businesses mainly because I was swamped with the print mag and she was swamped with her events and building her online community but we stayed in touch and there was always a mutual respect there.

Last year when I was coming out of that depression, I reconnected with Connie at MOM's first-ever tweetup featuring the lovely Erica Ehm, founder of the YummyMummyClub, and we started talking more and more about how we could work together.

Connie graciously accepted the invitation to be a 2010 FIERCE Women of the Year awards judge and has always been one of the influential MOM-industry women I could count on for support.

Sadly, Connie is leaving Edmonton for Vancouver but Modern Mama will live on here. I just wanted to give a HUGE THANK YOU to her for doing what she has done for the MOMs of Edmonton. Connie truly is a class act and a woman who is irreplaceable in this community.

If you get the chance, send her some love and let her know just how much you appreciate her too.

For all you Vancouver MOMs, you're lucky to have her!

Cheers!
t.

No comments:

Post a Comment