Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Brand New Bitch




I love music and quite often a certain will come into my life when I need it most, sort of like when I was going through the depression after my granpa's death, and Eminem's Recovery CD came out. 


Last week I was listening to the radio, something I rarely do, and heard Anjulie's new song "Brand New Bitch," this generations version of Alanis Morisette's, "You Oughtta Know" but less... angry at him and more "I back and better off with out you" kind of song.


Now before you go questioning anything, NO I don't relate to this song as a break up song (Big Daddy and I are quite all right, thank you) but I love the visual Anjulie gives of how she is badass, sexy, free and moving forward. 


So for me, I get something different than what a heartbroken 21-year-old might get but you know this could be every single woman's anthem no matter what age you are.



My face to the sky, 
sunglasses on
Turnin’ up the beat so sick I’m like a brand new bitch



Don’t need a rescue, 
it’s all good
Baby, I been hittin’ my stride, hittin’ my stride 
I got my red lipstick on, engine’s revving



I relate to those lyrics because I FEEL STRONG! Stronger than I have in 2 years and it feels pretty fuckin good. I feel like my old self again and it's taken SO long to get here. I've even made some lifestyle changes and am getting back to fighting form so this time next year I will look on the outside the way I feel on the inside.


I love empowering songs and Brand New Bitch is REALLY damn good; good beat, make-no-apology lyrics, and a GREAT workout song!


Give it a listen. Oh yeh, Anjulie is Canadian, too. More proof that Canadian women really DO kick ass! Good girl Anjulie!


Cheers!
t.



2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that you're in a good place now! xo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara you are freakin awesome...
    GREAT post!
    love it
    Hugs
    Lee xoxox

    ReplyDelete