Wednesday, May 2, 2012

12 Days of FIERCE Moms #4: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms!


When I published MOM Magazine, our tagline was "Life as a MOM doesn't mean life as a WOMAN has to end!" There are some days I miss the Mom industry (not many) because I knew MOM made a difference but I know that there are other moms out there fighting the good fight and one of those moms is none other than Kristine Carlson.

Kristine Carlson
I met Kristine on Twitter and quickly figured out who she was. She co-wrote the "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" book series with her late husband Richard Carlson. This book has been in my life for the past 12 years so imagine my JOY when I found Kristine in real life (kind of). To connect and engage with someone who has truly made a difference in the lives of others is so beyond words of gratitude I can't even begin to gush enough about how much I adore her.

THEN! To find out she had just finalized her "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Moms" book... well! Colour me Merlot!

This book is the guide we've all been waiting for. I couldn't BE more in love with this book had I written it myself (of course mine would have been far more raunchy and inappropriate but had similar messages). Anyway the point is that Kristine has given you a GIFT. Buy this book for yourself, for your friends, for any woman in your life at any stage of motherhood.

And because I'm feeling generous (maybe it's the wine talking here) I think I'll give a copy of the book away to one lucky winner in our "Celebrate Your FIERCE Mom" Contest. Simply enter below. It's a lone prize and not connected with our prize baskets but this is where you enter.










Return to 
You Are FIERCE

1 comment:

  1. My best piece of advice: Don't try to change your kids.

    Yes, we can work on manners and discipline and self-confidence. But when it comes to their personality and strengths, let them be who they are. I fought against my son's natural being for a while. Pounding my head against the wall and wondering why he wasn't more like me. Finally I realized it's because he ISN'T me. And he's pretty great.

    Now I can relax and enjoy him without wondering where I went "wrong." I can focus on building on his strengths and helping him overcome any weaknesses.

    ReplyDelete