Saturday, June 9, 2012

How to ENGAGE SPARKLE!


by SherryLynn Wrenn

Its not always the easy thing to do. Feel SPARKLY.

I have spent the last few weeks:
  • a) in bed sleeping
  • b) in bed fitfully awake or
  • c) forcing myself out of bed.
Yes, I was sick and not the pretty have a tissue handy sick. I mean the head feels like it weighs a million pounds, your chest has a 1000lb elephant sitting on it kinda sick. However, I still have a business to maintain AND I have people who look to me to add some SPARKLE into their day.

Sure, I can take a day or two to myself and go slightly un-noticed but the truth is I need to pull my head off the pillow and do it.

Remember what SPARKLE stands for: Showing People Authentic Respect Kindness & Love Everyday.

The first thing that can strike you is that SPARKLE isn’t always about you. It’s about those around you. That in itself is a motivator. When you take yourself out of the equation the answer becomes a little clearer to you.

So off my head came from the pillow to send the texts some were or might never had expected. To post my SPARKLE on my Facebook page. To hug my kids and give some extra snuggles to my husband. The responses I received were ones that motivated me to do it again the next day.

What if you aren’t sick? What if you are mad at the world?
That happens too. Sometimes we feel like the world is out to get us, that people around us don’t care and that everything is somehow just plain wrong. Those are the days I encourage you the most to ENGAGE your SPARKLE.

How? Ask yourself the all-important question, “Is what happened ABOUT me or did it simply AFFECT me?” If it affected you, cool, you can own that. It was your reaction to a particular action.

Very often we take things so personally that it fuels us into a place that we create ourselves, not that was truly meant to be. The situation is in front of us, we now have to control it. So when you ENGAGE you turn it around. When someone does something cruel or offensive, that is about them and their character. It does not have to be about you in any way. You choose to involve yourself. Don’t get confused and think I am telling you to show the person that hurt you respect, kindness and love. That wouldn’t be very authentic at all.

What I am telling you is to show yourself that SPARKLE instead. Turn it to the place that needs it. You.

That’s how this head picked up off the pillow. I showed myself some kindness and love by resting, not feeling guilty about that.

When my SPARKLE ENGAGED...I was able to do the little bits and pieces my body and mind allowed me. I always felt better when I did.

SherryLynn is our FIERCE Sparkle expert who shows you how to be positive when everyone around you is being negative. Her annoyingly perky attitude is contagious. Kinda like a flu... except you can't help but WANT to catch what she has. 

Return to You Are FIERCE

No comments:

Post a Comment