Sunday, August 10, 2008

What do you do at 3 a.m. when you're kid's got the stomache flu and your 13 days away from deadline?

Watch late-night TV, that's what! And you know what's on at 3:30 am? Not much unless you like shopping for useless gadgets.

My kids have had the stomache flu all week and my daughter, in particular, has been stuck to me ... clinging and weepy and smelly. It has been a LONG week.

So last night after another session of tossing cookies all over our bed, she insisted on laying across my lap. We went to the living room where I proceeded to go through all 600 channels looking for something decent to pass the time. TV Shopping was on 599 channels. And finally I came across ... IT'S JUST FOOD! Intrigued, and also desperate for something other than Suzanne Sommers hawking anti-aging cream, I clicked onto the channel.

Lo and behold our VERY OWN FOOD WRITER Julie Van Rosendaal was hosting a food show. I love her! Love her recipes, love her charisma and love, love, LOVE her kick ass attititude! She has an amazing weight-loss story, unBELEIVEABLE recipes and a resume that rivals anyone I've ever met (and I have met some amazing people during my career!)

Anyway, the point is that if you are up at some gawd-awful hour, look for this show. Or check out Julie's website: www.dinnerwithjulie.com OR check out the show's website: www.itsjustfood.net There were some amazing salad recipes on the show last night which I plan on making. When I start my diet ... tomorrow... seriously this time!

Later,
t.

No comments:

Post a Comment