Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's heeeerrrrreeeee!

So, how have you been? Daina and I have been stoopid busy with the last issue BUT it's finally available! WooHOO! Feedback so far is good... I've noticed a couple of minor editing things that we didn't catch but I have now delegated a good chunk of the work and will have more time for the little things that need to be caught. Bear with us as we grow!

I'm a pleased to announce three new additions to the MOM Magazine team! Welcome to Dawn Jones-Pilgrim, Tyla Thomsen and Jen Mackenzie... these three wonderful ladies are now on our sales team and we look forward to their input and involvement of the magazine! I'm so pumped to have them on board!

On a very sad - but sort of happy - note, our sales superstar Jody Tailleur will be taking maternity leave :( I love Jody and am super happy for the new addition to her growing family but very sad to no longer have her on the team. We hope she comes back if those kids start to drive her nuts! LOL

Daina and I are already prepping the Jan/Feb issue because we have LESS THAN A MONTH to get it to the printers! (insert frantic scream here!)

There's lots to do but no one wants to work over the holidays, and quite honestly I have always believed that the last two weeks of December should be for family and friends - not for work.

I wanted to give a special THANK YOU to Mary deBruin for being such an AMAZING cover MOM for the holiday issue. She was so much fun to shoot and was very animated, making it easy to use the pics for the section.

I am setting aside some time to focus on my blawg and to update the site on Fridays so be prepared for more fun web-exclusive content.

Happy Holidays everyone! Even tho, there's no snow (yet!) get into the spirit by doing something nice for someone you don't know. A pleasant smile or a friendly, "Happy Holidays!" to a cashier will surely brighten their day!

Gawd, I have GOT to stop working when I'm PMSing because I get all sappy and sentimental - Don't tell anyone... I am actually sweet sometimes. :O

Later!
tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment