Thursday, November 6, 2008

Holy crap, another month has past!

I don't know if I'm just wasting away my days but I am baffled by how quickly time is passing. I remember as a kid how time would DRAG on forEVER and go so... slowly... especially during math class, I could never figure that out!

Anyway, life is a blur lately. I just looked at my last post where I promised to update the site more regularly... but I seriously do not know what happened this past month. The magazine will be late this month, too, because I was swamped with Spruce Grove & District Chamber of Commerce stuff which ended up pushing back my press day. So, sorry about that!

The files are at the printers so we will get the mag to you as soon as we have it!

I am starting a new feature in the magazine to get us back to our roots of Wife, Woman, Friend, Mentor, Goddess. It's called Hear Me Roar... it will feature women who have overcome adversity in their lives and gone on to live stronger lives in spite of the situations they have faced. It will be a feature that focuses on the strength of women!

It is similar to a book that was published three years ago called Standing Together. I had a story that was in that book, which was published by the Alberta Council of Women's Shelters. The book was launched the day after my daughter was born and I truly felt like that book changed the course of my life.

Since it was published, I have been on a path towards publishing this magazine. The magazine is meant to empower women in a fun, fierce and slightly devilish way, reminding women that LIFE AS A MOM DOESN'T MEAN LIFE AS A WOMAN HAS TO END!

We need more stories that reflect that mantra. Are you a woman who has gone through something in your life and come out the other side STRONGER!?!

Email me and let me know. I want to tell your story! It can be any challenge you have faced. Stories like these empower other women and that's what we need to do!

Sure, it's fun to act like jackasses and take time for yourself but the FOCUS of the magazine needs to get back to my original intentions.

Let's do it, girls!

Don't get me wrong, there will still be great sections in our mag like Big Daddy, Diary of a Mad Publisher, Do You Spit or Swallow, Spice it Up, CheckTheseOut.com, Barb-isms, Dollars and Cents, and Gifts for the Goddess BUT our content will focus on YOU and your stories.

Call me. We'll have coffee and talk.

This magazine is about you and for you. Let's tell your stories.

I look forward to slowing my life down this month and spending some time with you!

Chat with ya soon!
Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment