Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Dear Diary, I am devastated,

Tonight, Big Daddy woke me up to the sounds of, "Gazza's not moving."

Usually I thank my lucky stars because usually my dog wakes me up 3 0r 4 times a night, he's worse than a kid! But tonight, when Big Daddy said Gazza wouldn't wake up, he wasn't kidding around.

My dog was dead.

Laying in the grass, comfortably dead.

Big Daddy discovered him less than an hour ago and I am crushed. I can't imagine what my kids are going to feel when they wake up and their dog is dead.

Gazza has been with us almost as long as Oz has been here. He turned 6 this year in March just when Oscar celebrated his 7th birthday. We've taken him for granted over the years much like you take anything or anyone you love for granted, expecting them to be there forever.

When I came downstairs to the "dungeon" I half expected the little bastard to follow right behind me as he usually does, clicking his toenails on the floor, nudging to get past me.

My poor, sweet. loyal dopey dawg. I loved him and rarely told him so. I was looking forward to a summer of hiking with him, and playing in the yard.

I will miss my dog and think of him always.

My heart is broken.

t.

No comments:

Post a Comment