Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer Getaways...

I'm in awe of the women out there who look like they can balance it all. I have a really tough time getting my shit together for the day, let alone planning for a family vacation.

Lots of the moms I know, camp. They love it! Personally, I don't get it. You're transporting your family from the cozy comforts of home to the confines of a camper. Why? And they don't just do this once or twice, they do it MULTIPLE times a month! There's so much prep work involved plus, the thought of peeing outside is enough to make me go, "Nuh uh!"

I have a hard enough time planning the meals for the week and executing that little event, I can't imagine taking it to the wilderness and having to cook over an open flame.

Getting away from it all takes planning. And organization. Two things I am not good at. How I ever get the magazine done is beyond me... I probably would do a helluvalot better if I were more organized.

My ideal getaway involves anything last-minute.

Big Daddy: "Wanna go somewhere?"

Me: "Hmm.... production doesn't start until next week... why, yes. Yes I do!"

Big Daddy: "Vegas ok?"

Me: "I'm packed BABY!!"

See? Super simple! No fuss, no muss, no kids!

Theoretically, we're going to Disneyland for Lola's 4th birthday but, once again, that involves planning. My impulsive nature wants me to just wing it but the "grown up" in me (and I use that term loosely) thinks I need to make sure I have my shit together.

I'm torn! Torn, I say!!

This summer, I would love to spend more time with the kids. My goal is to schedule time into the week, specifically for that. But summer vacations seem so... overrated.

I prefer lots of one-day excursions to the corn mazes or the Prairie Gardens. Too much time alone with the family drives me to increase the prozac dosage!

Yeh, it's gonna be a good summer with no planning.

What are you doing??

t.

No comments:

Post a Comment