Thursday, December 17, 2009

Tasteless... or so we've been called

Yup, people luuuurve to bitch about us.

And this time it seems we've offended a Stony Plain pastor.

There was a message at our office to call him so he could tell me why he thinks the magazine is "in poor taste."

Promptly following that little gem was a message from the Spruce Grove Second Cup owner asking me not to leave magazines there anymore due to "complaints" from customers.

Coincidence? I think not.

At first, I just shook my head and brushed off the messages because I can't waste time addressing complaints that have no merit. People complain all the time about the magazine but unless it's constructive criticism, I tend to ignore it.

And then I thought about it and got pissed off.

What the hell, doode!? I thought religious people weren't suppose to judge... lest ye be judged and all that.

I really thought this was a pretty tame issue. Sure, we like to raise some eyebrows but we never intend to offend anyone with our content.

I almost decided to call him back but realized there would be nothing I could say to appease him or Second Cup. MOM is what it is - edgy, fun, brash and sassy. We dare to go where no "mommy magazine" has dared to go before.

Our content has been shocking people since we launched and there is really nothing that shocking about what's between our covers.

If your mind goes to the gutter, that's your issue, not ours.

If you get your thong in a knot because we swear, too damn bad, because I'm going to keep doing it.

If you can't take the heat then stay outta my motherlovin' kitchen!

Or feel free to keep pickin' us up so you can bitch about us.

Hey, at least I know you're reading it.

And don't worry, I know there's a special place for me and my badass attitude. It's right there along with the 1,000s of readers we have and an open bar.

Now go and be one with your self-righteousness.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment