Sunday, December 16, 2007

No more slots...

It has been a great trip to Vegas but I am glad to be home.
The Spice Girls were AWESOME and you know what made it even better? They're moms! They are the epitome of what our magazine is all about. Despite the fact that they gave brith, they are sexy, sassy and super fun! In fact they are better now then they ever were. But isn't that how life is? We are better versions of ourselves now than when we were 20. And I am speaking from personal experience. At 20, I was clumsy, uncomfortable with my body and my body image and had no idea where I wanted my personal life to go - professionally, I was ahead of the game.

13 years later, I can STILL relate to the Spice Girls because they have evolved and are better versions of their old selves. I love it! We had amazing seats and I got to sing with them! Granted I sang from the comfort of my awesome seat but STILL! It was cool. Daina, Jody and I even did our own Spice Girls routine... again from the comfort of our seats but nonetheless, we were by far the coolest moms in the crowd!

Afterwards, as Daina and I waited patiently for our hubbys at Ceasars Palace (there's a story there), we decided to take in the sights at Pure. For those of you in the know, Pure is THE place to party in Vegas. Daina put on her best Posh face and gave some attitude to the doorman.

"I'm with Tamara and the MOM Magazine team and I'm suppose to be in there."

"Are you on the list?" At this point, she puts her hand on the guy's clipboard and says, "LOOK! I'm suppose to be in there."

And so he waved her in... at this point in the story, because I was off gambling and wasn't with her while she did this, she says she went in and saw Mel B. I'll have to get the details again because when she told me, I was well into my 17th gin and tonic.

Anyhoo, suffice it to say I've got wicked pics from the concert, my blisters have blisters and I am so freakin' tired that Lola had chocolate suckers for breakfast.

On that note, the MOM team is back now and we have heard some feedback about our recent edition.

I would like to address a couple of things in my next post....

Cheers!
tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment