Thursday, April 17, 2008

Big Daddy's Big Controversy

Oh, the lynch mob is after Big daddy again.

In the Spring 2008 issue, Big Daddy invited women to take his remedial driving course. It was quite a funny column and we (Daina, Jody and I) all laughed at his driving tips.

Not everyone like it, though, but that doesn't surprise me.

If you don't have a sense of humour or tend to think that the world revolves around you, you might read his column and relate to it, hence being offended by what he wrote.

Big Daddy doesn`t hate women. He doesn`t really think women are stupid or flighty. Most women aren`t. I will say that. But, like everything, stereotypes are there for a reason.

I know that Big Daddy is one of the smartest people around. He has a twisted sense of humour and will laugh at things that most people would deem inappropriate.

That doesn`t mean he is a bad person. He uses the column to get a rise out of you. YES. You!

He knows that if he puts the most extreme stereotype there is about women, you will write him and complain about him and his column.

Now why, you might ask, do we publish his column....

Well, we think he IS funny. And he gives your husbands a reason to pick up the magazine when it`s in the bathroom. They will laugh, trust me. They will laugh because nine times out of ten, your husband thinks the exact same way. Only they won`t admit it you.

How do I know that Big daddy really isn`t a Big Dick (insert question mark here - my laptop is acting funny and I can`t do it!)

Big Daddy is my husband. Yes. I am married to Big Daddy. He`s a great guy and one of the things I love most about him is his sense of humour.

If you DO have comments or criticisms, you can email him directly at BigDaddy@MOMmagazine.ca I will be more than happy to respond, though, if you want to email me.

Lighten up people. Life is too short to waste it on taking yourself so seriously.

Cheers!
tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment