Friday, April 25, 2008

Dooooooode! I have 72 hours until I leave for Vegas. I have SO much to do!!!! BAH!

We'll be at the Little Monsters Swap Meet at the Tri Leisure selling tickets for the re:Treat ... be sure to get yours!

I got an email yesterday from Olga who is a fan from Austria! How cool is that?!! She's somewhere in our distribution area visiting and picked up the mag at her friend's house. She's not a mom (yet) but she says "My first reaction was WOW!! What a great idea you (gorgeous) ladies have. The magazine is insightful and funny - nothing quite like it in Austria I must say."

How sweet! She's thinks we're gorgeous! :}

"It is cool and smart not the typical mothering magazine, but judging by the way you ladies act and look (went to your website - what a great looking bunch) you are not the typical mothers. Your husbands are very lucky indeed, Canadian women are so beautiful!!"

Yes, Olga, you're right. Our husbands ARE lucky bastards! LOL

Anyway I wanted to share that because any time we get feedback - negative or positive - we take it seriously and love to hear what you have to say. Especially if you think we're gorgeous! :}

I heard on the radio yesterday about a book called My Beautiful Mommy. Sweet title, isn't it. Makes me think of a nice book with cute things kids say about their moms. No. You know what that crap is? It's about how to explain to your kid WHY you're getting plastic surgery!! Written by a doctor in California so that kids understand what their mom is doing and WHY it will make her "beautiful."

What a crock of -'scuse the language in this blog but it's gonna get nasty - SHIT! Seriously.

I haven't read this book but I'm gonna. And I'm gonna blog and write about it in the next issue.

From what Charles Adler on 630 CHED was saying, this book is about endorsing plastic surgery to younger kids and to ingrain in their psyche that plastic surgery is something they NEED.

This pisses me off. I don't care if a grown woman chooses to a boob job or a nose job or a tummy tuck. That is YOUR prerogative. But to make a kid - who is impressionable and can be swayed to think the way their parents think - believe that in order for them to be accepted into mainstream society they must fix something... IS BULLSHIT. Seriously.

Lola is 2 years old. She is beautiful. Oz is 6. He has the most gorgeous orange hair and is the cutest kid in the world! My kids are great the way they are. They will grow up hearing that from me.

I've heard of stories from moms - friends or colleagues of mine - who have been told by THEIR own parents that they needed a nose job or that they really should lose weight because their ass is too big... what the hell kind of parenting is that?

Maybe it's JUST ME but that kind of parenting is a form of abuse because you're raising your kid to believe in the magazines out there that airbrush and feature size 0 models as the "standard" of which you should aspire.

More BULLSHIT. I can't stand those damn magazines and I do NOT like the path society is taking. If being a size 0 and having perky boobs or a porcelain skin is the only reason I would be liked or loved, then I'll take my fat rolls and double chin because there is NOTHING wrong with me the way I am. I am a good person and a great friend. I am not perfect on the outside or on the inside but I am OK with that.

And anyone who isn't can kiss my fat ass because I will change for myself, NOT for anyone else.

My Beautiful Mommy?

As far as I'm concerned, that doctor in California is a dumbass who is going to contribute to bulimia, anorexia and self-hate in little girls everywhere.

Unless us moms unite and take a stand against BULLSHIT like this!

Ahem. I'm going to get another coffee. And get back to work. Dammit. 71 hours left...

tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment