Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The evolution of MOM Mag

I just got an email from CIRA...for those who don't know, CIRA is the governing body for web domains, websites, etc...

It said I have 7 days to renew MOMmagazine.ca

Do you know what that means? It MEANS the concept of MOM Magazine is a YEAR OLD!!! Holy crap! I didn't launch the site until mid May of last year but I must have started researching the domains this time last year.

Where has the time gone?

I boggled. Seriously. I never would have thought that the magazine would have come this far, this quickly. Who woulda thunk that I would have done a photo shoot of Sheldon Souray for an issue of MOM Mag???

Back in the day when I was a sports scribe I used to think that some of those players needed to be featured in a way that was appealing to women. A calendar, maybe? Some sort of shoot that would show women who WEREN'T hockey fans why they SHOULD be hockey fans.

Shooting Sheldon allowed me to achieve that goal.

Anyway, I digress... where the hell has the time gone? I think registering the domain was the first step to launching MOM Magazine. In fact, I don't even think I told Big Daddy that I was doing it.

But really, it was only a $15 investment and my time for doing the site WHICH has come a long way since I first launched it.

I just thought I share that milestone with you at this early hour. Yes, it's 4:30 a.m. and I am trying to get as much done before we leave for Vegas next week. Can't leave Jody and Daina with TOO many things to take care of before the re:Treat!!

I've got to go make some coffee. Seriously, I won't function much longer without it.

t.

No comments:

Post a Comment