Monday, February 1, 2010

Dear Diary: It's a new month and time for a new outlook!

Oh, dear diary, I made it through this past month relatively unscathed. I've had my moments where I have lost control of my emotions but, thankfully, I was alone and could just give into my sadness in private.




The old boy is going downhill quicker than I expected but maybe that's a good thing? I don't know. I'm not ready for him to go just yet so I hope he at least lasts for the rest of the hockey season. When the Calgary Flames kicked the shit outta the Edmonton Oilers on the weekend, I was sure that my granpa could now die a happy man. Turns out, he didn't even see the game but gave me that shit-eatin' grin of his when I told him about the score.




He's pretty weak and frail but his spirit remains strong. I have forced myself to start refocussing on the magazine because I need to keep my mind focused on the GOAL!! What's the goal? To have the baddest-ass MOM Magazine OUT THERE!!




And so it shall be!




We have our first-ever FIERCE awards gala coming up and I encourage EVERY woman to enter!! This isn't a "mommy" awards ceremony, we are celebrating WOMEN!!




  • Outstanding MEO


  • Dame Diva


  • Phenomenal Female


  • Rising Star


  • MOM Extraordinaire


So, let's celebrate YOU and all of your accomplishments!! Enter today or nominate someone YOU know who is worthy of being named a FIERCE Woman of the Year!!




t.


PS Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts about my granpa. I truly appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment