Thursday, September 29, 2011

Every little thing...

I had a wee bit of a meltdown yesterday. 


If you follow me on Twitter you may have heard that a mouse decided to move in last week... went something like this:

Anyhooters, I have had a seriously tense week wondering if that mouse was going to nibble on my toes while I worked  so mornings have kind of sucked for me. Add to that a cold that had me on my deathbed for a few days, PMS, the FIERCE awards, PLUS kids who want to be fed and talked to, and I have been one tense chiquita. 

My mother phoning me yesterday was the proverbial straw.

Planning the FIERCE awards is no easy feat and I'm not complaining because the universe knows I do this to myself but sometimes between looking for sponsors, finding the right venue, planning the event, designing the certificates and promo posters, writing the press release, updating the website, keeping up on Twitter & Facebook, sending out tickets, keeping it all organized, and wondering if it really makes a difference to anyone whether or not these awards are even held... the universe sends me a sign.

I don't listen to the radio much but was driving home from securing one of our first sponsors the FIERCE Awards (Yay to Miss Boss for presenting the VIP Reception!!) and I was stressing about the cash crunch for these awards when I absent-mindedly hit the radio button and my eyes popped open as soon as I heard the steel drums.

This is what I heard:
Sayin' this is my message to you... Singin' don't worry... 'cause every little thing's gonna be all right.
The sign was in a form of Bob Marley's hit song, Everything's Gonna Be All Right.

I smiled and knew that something I had tweeted earlier in the day had set me on the right path:

And on that note, I have a FIERCE awards gala to put together! 

UPDATE: Definition of irony: About an hour after I wrote this post I realized my house had been broken into and my jewelry was stolen. Sigh. 

I still trust the universe and know it really will be all right.



No comments:

Post a Comment