Sunday, February 5, 2012

17 Things You Didn't Know About Danielle LaPorte

It's no secret I love, love, LOVE Danielle Laporte and so I was excited to get this little gem from her opening up and sharing tidbits of personal information. I always find it interesting when someone who is seen as an expert makes themselves a little vulnerable by showcasing themselves as more human than expert so I enjoyed reading this but have determined that Danielle and I would probably never drink together.

from Danielle LaPorte on Whitehottruth.com (her words in bold, mine responses in italics)

1. I think karma is malleable. You can change it. The universe is not tit for tat and God is not keeping score. At least not like that. <--- not gonna lie, I had to look up the word "malleable"

2. I once believed that I was destined to marry Steve Winwood. I was wildly convinced that he was The One for me and shamelessly told everyone we were getting married. <---- I had to look up Steve Winwood, too 

3. Speaking of hot men, I think Michael Franti's Love Kamikaze - The lost singles & remix (only available on special import CD) is the sexiest sexy stuff ever laid down on disc.<--- Starting to think Danielle and I have nothing in common

4. I've had angelic experiences. <---- HAZZAH! We have something in common!


5. I don't eat mushrooms, onions, or tofu. I'm allergic to lilies and codine. (That's 5 things.)


6. I've never had a cup of coffee. Not even a sip. <--- I'm beginning to think her and I will never be friends 

7. I think too many people marry the wrong people. And...I think too many people get divorced too soon. <---- Can I get a HELL YA for this one

8. I have extreme judgement for parents who put their kids on leashes (like you see at malls.) It's lazy and it's mean. <---- I think parenting has become a religion... that's a blog in the works.

9. Being called Missy, Girl, Maam, or M'Dear is very difficult for me <---- Ooooh me too. Sweetie, dear and honey are right up there with, "Girl, I will smack you if you call me that again.".

10. I don't mind paying taxes. <--- I don't mind paying taxes either... on my wine!

11. My favourite movie of all time is The Piano. BTW, what you don't see at the end of this clip -- is that she frees herself and lives. <--- I've never seen this flick, looks too deep for my shallow brain

12. I think long marriage engagements are a cop out. Things do change when you makes vows. <--- My opinion of marriage has evolved over the last 13 years... so...

13. I feel like I'm in a constant state of prayer. <---- See how Zen she is?? I feel like I'm in a balanced state of FIERCE chaos

14. I am an obsessive recycler. If the hotel I'm staying in doesn't recycle, I'll bring the plastic bottles home with me in my suitcase.<--- I recycle my wine bottles. Annnnd I'm going to environmental hell.


15. Last year, I burned all of my journals (starting from age 13), except my Moleskine notebooks from the last two years because they contain outlines for my next five books. However, I did go through those notebooks and tear out (and burn) all entries of painful happenings.<---- That is therapeutic! But I couldn't do that. It would be like erasing my experiences.

16. I am perpetually torn about being nocturnal and wanting to convert into a morning person. I'm thinking of getting up at 4am. It'd be both super late, and super early. <---- I am perpetually inappropriate, er, I mean, the older I get, the earlier I get up. Pretty soon my morning will be starting at midnight

17. I want to learn a lot more about crystals, olives, sound recording, and mystic nuns. <---- Hmmm... I like olives in my martini. Does that count?


Chances Danielle and I will ever be BFFs. Zero. Getting to meet her irl more than once. Priceless. I'll take what I can get.






Return to You Are FIERCE

1 comment:

  1. we have one more thing in common: olives in martini's. it's destiny. xo

    ReplyDelete