Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sammie Love: You need to know her



I met Sammie Love in 2010 while researching a website called Lushstories.com for a feature on online erotica for MOM Magazine. We became fast friends bonding over our mutual love for wine.

I quickly learned Sammie's story about how she was brutally raped when she was 19 years old, how she survived cancer, and  has struggled with her self-esteem, as most of us do.

Sammie is a fighter; a woman who embodies resilience, strength, courage and passion. I have such respect for this woman and have come to love her like a sister.  Last week, she was flagged for possibly having Uterine Cancer.

As if the universe hasn't flicked her in the forehead enough, now she has to deal with the possibility of another cancer.

Fuck cancer.

But if anyone can beat it, I know my girl Sammie can. Check out her post "The New Things I Like About Me: Just Be Enough."


Return to You Are FIERCE

No comments:

Post a Comment