Sunday, November 22, 2009

Just another day in the dungeon

I promised myself I would take the weekend off. I swore I would.

But I can't. I simply have lost the ability to relax away from work. I think I may have a problem.

You see, there was a time when I would schedule time for myself - gym, spa, tanning, whatever. As long as it meant time for me to improve my overall image and health. Over the last two and half years, I've lost the ability to do that.

I preach "self-care" to you in every issue but I have failed to take my own advice. I believe my extreme Scorpio personality has overtaken my desire to get off my ass and do something other than work.

And lately, I've seen pictures of myself and I cringe. I think, "Why are people taking pictures of my MOM!??" Because I look like her. Blech.

If I don't start doing things differently, I will never get control of myself. Scheduling a workout and STICKING TO IT may be my only saving grace. I won't give up wine or coffee, because those are my two favourite things to indulge in, plus I don't eat sweets or over-indulge in junk food. I've just become LAZY.

So, it's time to move my fat ass off of this office chair and take my life - and my health - seriously.

I look at the treadmill every damn day - it's in the dungeon, taunting me with it's incline. My excuse? Too much to do, too much to get done, too much planning to do, I'm not even wearing running shoes for Gawdsakes!

Well, NO MORE EXCUSES!!! In the mornings, I am going to get "dressed to the shoes" (a little tip I picked up from the Flylady).

I will go on the treadmill, whether I want to or not. I will sweat. I will huff and puff. But I WILL SUCCEED!!! I did it before and this time, it's for GOOD!!

NO MORE EXCUSES!!

I'm tired of being unwilling to have my picture taken or seeing myself in pictures and being ashamed.

So, MOM readers, I plan to make my 35th year on this earth the year I take my life back!!

Are you WITH ME!?!

As always, your Mad Publisher,
t.

No comments:

Post a Comment