Thursday, November 26, 2009

Christmas time... is near!

Holy jingle bells, batman!

It was pointed out to me by a fellow twit that this time next month, Christmas will have come and gone.

WTF?! I'm SO not ready this year!!! I missed the Festival of Trees (except for Lola's school performance), my tree isn't up and there are still pumpkins sitting in my kitchen.

To top it off, I'm leaving for Ottawa on Monday to shoot our next cover...shhhh...it's top secret so don't tell anyone. But in order to take that trip, I've got a to-do list a mile long and a laundry pile as big as the Rockies.

It's really tough to get into the spirit this year, don't you think? There's no real snow! I'm bar-b-queing our suppers almost every night because my gawddamn oven is broken and I feel too overwhelmed with everything else that's going on to slow down and get into the season.

Maybe this trip to Ottawa will help? I'm excited to meet some of the fabulous women I've chatted with on Twitter (if you're not following me on Twitter, you should be because I'm friggin hilarious!) Anyway, I've met some really cool girls! @kellidaisy @CLBuchananPhoto @BPOrleans @YummyMummyClub @amotherworld @PartyMummy @SharonDV @CocktailDeeva @KathyBuckworth @optimom@CandaceDX ... there are so many and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. Anyway, I'm going to meet with a few of them whilst in Ottawa so it should be good times!

It will still be all work, though. I'll keep you posted on why and what I'm doing.

As for my house, well... I'll wave my magic wand and it shall be done! For now, I'm listening to the Charlie Brown Christmas CD... always the perfect way to get into the spirit!!

Let me know how you're getting into the spirit of the season!

t.

No comments:

Post a Comment